The aims of the project are:
- Raising awareness of citizens about the risks and appropriate measures related to climate change through workshops, seminars, websites, advertising, and promotional materials.
- Gathering of data and assessment of climate change risks.
- Creating a web platform where case studies, climate and energy measures, data on climate change risk will be available for free to all interested stakeholders and citizens.
Project is structured into two main phases:
- the first phase is focused on the development and implementation of the common methodology for Joint Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAP). Sharing the basic knowledge about issues concerning climate change adaptation strategies and energy efficiency measures with public and stakeholders.
- the second phase starts when the analysis and data are uploaded in the web platform, acting as a useful tool for the development of scenarios which will be implemented in the Joint SECAPs which will be the main project output.
Lead partner: University of Camerino
Partners in the project:
- IRENA – Istrian Regional Energy Agency;
- City of San Benedetto del Tronto;
- Service of energy policy, air quality, national environmental information system of the department of public works, territorial management and environmental policies of region Abruzzo;
- Municipality of Pescara;
- SDEWES Centre – International centre for sustainable development of energy, water and environment systems;
- Primorje – Gorski Kotar County;
- County of Split – Dalmatia;
- Municipality of Vela Luka.
The duration of the project is 30 months. Project started with implementation on 1st of January 2019 in is ongoing until 30th of June 2021.
The project benefits from public funding from European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) of 1,780,628.88 € and national co-financing of 314,228.63 € giving the total budget of 2,094,857.50 €.
More information on the project can be found on the web site: www.italy-croatia.eu/web/jointsecap
You can find us on: